The cable car factory Adolf Bleicherts in Leipzig-Gohlis





The cable car factory is located in Wilhelm-velvet-street, formerly West Road / Field Road in Leipzig-Gohlis. Access to the former factory site via the Lützowstraße. The former premises is now a listed building. In 1876, Adolf Bleichert with his brother, the merchant Peter Heinrich Piel, the Bleichert, first in Leipzig Neuschönefeld. Previously, a cable car factory Adolf Bleicherts founded in 1874, was terminated by the change in his society Jewellers in Siegen. The new factory in Leipzig soon earned a reputation as a manufacturer and builder of cable cars. 1881 operation was moved to Leipzig-Gohlis, the architect of the building complex was Max Bösenberg. from there it was first supplied with 20 technical and commercial staff and 70 workers cable cars in the world. Great interest in the new systems was primarily the raw material and heavy industry. 1888 issued Bleichert the American company Cooper, Hewitt & Co., the parent company of the Trenton Iron Company, a license to manufacture and sales of Bleichert cable cars in the US. Soon after, this company was a large number deposed in the United States to Alaska. 1890 In 1891 Bleichert build a villa in the style of historicism on the opposite side of the Lützowstraße. 1896 brought the operation improved eccentric clamp coupling for chairlifts with an automatic terminal "vending machine" on the market. This was the basis for the detachable ropeways and gondolas. The Loren, bucket or gondolas were automatically disengaged and the haul rope at the stations. 1901 died Adolf Bleichert. Until that time, his company had built and delivered more than 1,000 cable cars. His sons Max and Paul Bleichert led the company continues to be successful. The company Bleichert kept all records such as the longest cable car in Argentina or the steepest in Tanzania and many others around the world. Offices were in Leipzig, Brussels, Paris and London. 1895 even before the death of Adolf Bleichert, the production program was extended to the construction of cranes, Schiffsver and unloading, monorail overhead conveyors and storage space bridges. The experience and the new drives by electric motors were kompiniert. The international business relations were largely lost by the First World War. A large number of field cable cars were produced during this period. King Frederick Augustus III. of Saxony rose to recognition of the merits Max and Paul Bleichert to the peerage. From 1922-1923 Paul von Bleichert was at Klinga in mustard mountain manor house and a farm building build and had to create a park. For this property still belonged to an out of the land forester's house. 1924 after the First World War the company had signed a license agreement with the South Tyrolean engineer and entrepreneur Luis Zuegg and relocated the business to the design and construction of cable cars to carry passengers. 1927 from the Company an A. G. with the company name Adolf Bleichert & Co.A.G. Leipzig. In 1929, the estate was sold at Klinga mustard mountain to the city of Leipzig, it was used as a children's recreation center, hostel and as a school camp until 1940. From 1940 to 1944 the Kinderkurheim was used as a military hospital. 1932 from the Bleichert A. G. Leipzig GmbH Tranzportanlagen. During World War II, production was moved back and after the war, the work was resumed, then 1,355 workers were employed in the company. It has begun to remove the Zerstörrung to the buildings and to build parts for cranes. The future of the company was open, because the sons Bleicherts sat in Cologne, after 1946, the operation was transferred as a trust company in the custody of the city of Leipzig. Dr. Theodor Schmidt was used as Kommisarischer trustee, he was one of the former CEO. With letters to the Saxon government, elected by the staff council called for the nationalization of the company. As of 1950, the "Bleichert-Tranzportanlagenfabrik" SAG "Tranzmasch" was attached. The plants were thus legally Soviet property in Germany, organized in compliance with the German Stock Corporation Act. They served the fulfillment of reparations to the Soviet Union and replaced the previously practiced dismantling policy. The end of 1946 the series production of electric carts and shovelers ball was taken, were also Pratzenkrane and loading bridges built and newly developed a mobile crane. Furthermore, it was begun in Eutritzsch with the construction of a steel construction hall of 10,000 m² size because not enough by increasing the production of space. In 1950, the company hatre highly worked again and there were mitlerweile 4167 employees working in the farm. In 1953, the company owned by the GDR as VEB Bleichert Leipzig and from 1955 as VEB heavy machinery loading and Tranzportanlagen Leipzig. From the 1970s, the production areas of lignite mining and port handling equipment was. In 1985, the VEB Kombinat heavy machinery TAKRAF Leipzig associated plant master operation of the combine. In 1990 the combine was dissolved and converted to offloading and Tranzportanlagen Leipzig GmbH and TAKRAF is the sole shareholder. In 1991 the factory was closed and dismiss the entire workforce. In 1993, the liquidation of offloading and Tranzportanlagen GmbH took place. Since then, the former factory buildings stand empty.

Google+ Forum für lebendige Geschichte: Ausgewählte Webseite auf

Nach oben