Past former SS village

The history of the former SS village Muna Mockrehna



The former Luftmuna Strelln in Eilenburger Ratsforst was built from 1935 and was completed in the following year 1936 completed. The military village, which was closely guarded and guarded by an SS commando, served as a warehouse for ammunition for the air war during World War II. The 100 storage bunkers built there, with a storage area of ​​approximately 150 h, supplied several federal sites with ammunition for handguns and artillery. Presumably at that time between 50 and 100 soldiers were stationed there. Since Muna Mockrehna was strictly secret during the Bundeswehr, there is hardly any precise information about it until today. The local area included in addition to the storage bunkers several ammunition workers' houses, six concrete concrete concavities, a generator bunker, a transformer bunker, several accommodation and living areas, a command center, a fire station, several garages, a locomotive shed and a guard building. In World War II from 1942, the site served as the main air ammunition institution 2 / IV. In the same year, a filling station for munitions munitions was built in the northwestern part. After the war from 1945, the SS village was used as an atomic ammunition storage of GSSD and some extensions were added under his command. Furthermore, at the time the citizens were able to pick up bricks from Muna with reference vouchers from the mayor, which were then installed in the village. The NVA used the northwest part of the area from 1957 as ammunition storage. In 1970, Muna received a siding to the station Doberschütz. From 1990, the Muntionlager Muna took over the ML-13 of the Bundeswehr and again took extension buildings. While in the GDR period was strictly prohibited to employ private individuals here, it was allowed after the political change. Before the Bundeswehr took over the area in 1990, the Soviet troops used the buildings exclusively until their withdrawal in 1993. Among them, a boiler house was added. After that, the transfer to the German administration took place and further parts of the site were used as ammunition storage, while some bunker facilities for the storage of onions and apples were reused by the VEAB. During the years the Bundeswehr used the site of Munas, it invested about 15 million in its use, preservation and rebuilding. After the army left the old munitions depot in 2011, decay, plunder and metal thieves moved into the old SS village. Much has been willfully destroyed or damaged. Plans for a redevelopment of the site have failed until today and so wildly hidden behind trees and shrubs in Eilenburger Ratsforst a 70-year-old military town to itself until nature has gradually brought their area back in their own way.

Google+ Forum für lebendige Geschichte: Ausgewählte Webseite auf

Nach oben